With unemployment rates at their lowest since 2001 and workers earning higher wages, the University of Kentucky forecast robust economic growth for 2017 in its annual economic report. This high growth rate should benefit corporate paralegals with expertise in a variety of industries.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that Kentucky’s paralegals earned an average salary of $46,840 ($22.52 hourly) as of 2016. Professionals in the top 10% – those with experience – made $73,410 ($33.29 hourly) on average.
The Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development highlights a diverse array of industrial sectors that are exceptionally strong employers of corporate paralegals in the Commonwealth. Automobile manufacturing dates back to the time of the Model T, while the footprint of the aerospace industry is expanding in almost every sector. Corporate paralegals who specialize in areas ranging from trademark law to intellectual property licensing benefit from such a diverse industrial base.
Paralegal Salaries in Kentucky’s Major Metropolitan Areas
While Lexington-Fayette’s paralegals earned the highest salary, experienced professionals in the Louisville were the top earners in the state.
- Average – $42,410 ($20.26 hourly)
- Top 10% – $58,480 ($28.12 hourly)
- Average – $39,900 ($19.18 hourly)
- Top 10% – $58,740 ($28.24 hourly)
- Average – $48,950 ($23.54 hourly)
- Top 10% – $66,240 ($31.85 hourly)
- Average – $48,770 ($23.45 hourly)
- Top 10% – $75,710 ($36.40 hourly)
- Average – $43,500 ($20.91 hourly)
- Top 10% – $64,540 ($31.03 hourly)
Salary and employment data has been compiled by the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2010.